Thursday, December 30, 2010

Trash or Treasure

Sorry for the cliché  but one person's trash really is another person's treasure.  I really have a love for antique things but don't really lean towards art deco or retro furnishings like some of my friends.  That is why it was so much fun when my friend discovered this old chrome swivel chair in another friend's basement.  I wouldn't have looked twice at it and yet it turned out to be such a wonderful project recovering it for her.   Needless to say, she has a really good eye for well made furniture.


I just happened to have some art deco material that I had purchased a the Textile Museum's annual sale (you must go if you love fabric)!!  It reminded me of the plants in a Super Mario Brothers game and really seemed to suit this piece.  

1 comment: