Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's a Wrap!


Each year I choose specific colours when wrapping my gifts.  It makes a tedious job more fun as I, like many women, am attracted to a pretty package.  This year I opted for red, blues and whites and tried to stick with only one patterned wrapping paper paired with solid colours.  I also found these amazing poka-dot bells to thread on to the ribbon rather than using a traditional bow.

You don't need to spend a fortune on wrapping paper and materials - you just need to know where to shop.  The patterned paper is always the easiest to find while the plain paper can be more challenging.  I find Ikea and even some dollar stores are helpful with the plain wrap.  The ribbon is easiest to find in skeins at Fabricland or inexpensive spools at Zellers.  The tags are recycled holiday cards from last Christmas and the bells are from Fabricland as well.

So - am I a little weird for my colour themed wrapping?  Absolutely but I think it makes the recipient feel that much more special.  Maybe not my brother who prefers his gifts wrapped in the comic section of the newspaper but you can't make everyone happy.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/12/we-like-it-wild-this-humble-abode.html

    You'll appreciate this post!

    ReplyDelete