Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gum Drop Pillows


A few years ago my sister and I stumbled upon this amazing material by Amy Butler.  It is really hard to find in Canada but is really unlike any other material we've ever come across.  My sister purchased a pattern by Amy Butler to make gum drops pillows as you see here.  I had NO part in making these incredible pillows.  The version she made me is ottoman size and required 10 bags of polyfilla to stuff it.  We quickly realized this would cost a fortune to stuff!  The solution - IKEA.  Ikea regular pillows with standard synthetic fill are as inexpensive as $1.99 a piece. The ottoman took 9 pillows to fill but cost a great deal less.   The weirdest thing is the idea came to me in a dream - I wish I could come up with a get rich quick scheme in my dreams next!

I'm still trying to convince my sister to sell her pillows on Etsy - they are so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment