Thursday, December 2, 2010

Chair Project & Fabric Shopping in Toronto

Okay - so having so much success with my kitchen island project I tried the same technique on an old chair I rescued from the garbage (seriously - the people on my street get rid of the nicest antique pieces)!

See the previous post for instructions on the finish.  I'm loving damask prints lately.  I have to say - even living in a large city like Toronto - it can still be difficult to find nice fabrics.  While the super snobby MacFab on Queen has some nice prints, they are way overpriced and not fun to deal with.  The cheap and cheerful Fabricland at Yonge and Bloor is hit and miss - this fabric actually came from there.  The Designer Fabric store at Queen and Dufferin has a nice selection but you need to have time to go through this store as all the swatches are hung on a hanger rather than displayed on the bolts.  They can be pretty pricey as well.  I can't believe I'm saying this but some of the funkiest fabric I've come across lately is at Ikea.  They have upholstery grade fabric in really fun prints for under $8 a metre.

No comments:

Post a Comment