Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dot Obsessed

No - I have not decorated a room in polka dots but believe me - right now that may have been better.  I've been progressively  working to lose weight and have noticed that I've replaced eating with shopping - so not good.  So when my friend Wendy let me know that she had started selling Stella and Dot jewelry, I didn't think that much of it at first and later thought I'd be a good friend, support her new venture and book a party.

I should have known better - the moment I received the catalogue, I was hooked.   I found myself wanting to create the most exciting party I could, helping my friend create interesting displays and wooing my friends with the promise of baked goods.

While I knew it would be great for my friend if people made purchases - I'll be honest that this wasn't my priority.  It was more fun to be creative, get together with a group of girls, open a bottle of wine on a Friday night and giddily try on piece after piece of fun jewelry.  I think this is what sets Stella and Dot apart from other home parties - there are no fancy speeches, no hard sells - it is about trying on pretty girl things, oohing and ahhing over the sparkle, and just plain having a good time.

I have until mid this week to decide what I want to purchase and narrowing down the list will be difficult but I'm up to the challenge and will wait eagerly for my order to arrive in the fun multicolored packaging!

A huge thanks to everyone who came out - especially to my girlfriends who hung out until 1:00 am, chatting philosophically about the world and families - that is another blog entry for another day.

Tempted to purchase something yourself - by all means - click here but I warn you that the site and its contents are addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment