Friday, August 5, 2011

Chair Days

Solid wooden furniture is a thing of the past - unless it is made by a professional carpenter in which case you are paying a great deal for the privilege.  Even the most high-end stores use particle board as the backing for drawers or on the underside of chairs.
  
That's why when you find a well-made piece of furniture at a second hand store - you grab it and run.

I was excited to find this old chair for a mere $20 at a local second hand shop and was thrilled to get started on applying many coats of white paint and a material swatch I had found at a textile sale.

The finished product turned out well and I thought it would be a nice piece for my bathroom although I really do visualize it with a nice desk one day (solid wood desk that is).  Let's hope I find that some day soon. 




Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment