Saturday, February 5, 2011

It Turned Into A Bathroom Blitz

I love my bathroom however the sink area always bothered me as I found it didn't match the rest of the suite.  There is no storage and this odd floating wood column underneath always bugged me.

I have been wanting to try this project for such a long time but wasn't sure it was worth the investment.  I also wasn't sure exactly how I was going to even construct it.

It all came together when I found these wooden shelves (at Dollarama of all places) that resembled really nice feet you'd use on a cabinet.  As to what I would use to construct the shelves - I looked at Ikea and thought of walking to my local Home Depot but didn't want to haul a huge load of lumber back with me.

The solution - an old and very ugly bookcase I was eventually going to leave on the curb.  Win - win in that I did not have to spend a dime on the materials and I won't be adding to a landfill.


I had my concerns that this project was not going to work but it actually turned out so well especially after adding a fresh coat of white paint and accessories.  I really had forgotten how fun it is to use a jig saw! Here's to winter projects.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Wendy - certainly better than what was there. I was shocked it actually turned out!

    ReplyDelete